About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What is Your Heart's Desire?

I have decided to do a little self-evaluation and refocusing my life! Based on a recommendation of good Christian man I know, I have decided to use the Bible and a book called, "A Man After God's Own Heart" by Jim George. The book is supposed to be a guide of sorts to helping men devote our lives to to what really matters; our relationship with God our Father. After reading the first chapter, "What is Your Heart's Desire?" I was faced with a tough question; What is my heart's desire?" It is to serve my God whole heatedly with no reservations? Is to follow the will of my LORD, or to serve my own self-interest? When God found David, to serve as the new king of Israel, he said to Samuel the prophet, "I have found David, son of Jesse, a man after My own heart; he will do everything I want him to do." (Acts 13: 22) Can my God say that of me? Will I do everything God asks of me, no matter how painful, or inconvenient? This is what I plan to find out about myself. I want desperately to be a man after God's own heart. Do I have what it takes to accomplish this? I think so, now let's see if I am willing to become what I desire the most. I will keep you updated.

No comments: