About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Come Just As You Are

Last Sunday as my family and I were preparing to attend worship services, I was "chastising" my son a little bit for wearing a t-shirt to church rather than one of his nicer looking collared shirts. He responded to me, "Doesn't the Bible say, come just as you are?" Boy, was I humbled! The words my son quoted to me are actually from a Christian song, but the Bible does state the same principle over and over again. God wants you to come to him no matter what you look like or what state of mind you are in. He sees your potential and He does not judge you based on what you look like. In 1st Samuel 16:7 when God was talking to Samuel about choosing a new king of Israel, The LORD said to Samuel, "The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

God does not care if you are tall, short, fat, thin, rich, poor, or what you wear, as long as your heart is seeking HIM and desires to do HIS will. Sometimes the LORD uses your own children to convict you of your own self-righteous judgements. Are you choosing to serve the LORD with all your heart, or are you to busy judging others based on their outward appearance?

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Yeah....out of the mouths of babes! Keep getting convicted!!!