About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Three Faithful Men

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the GOD we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." (Daniel 3: 16-18) -- Wow, what a statement of faith!
Many self-help books and organizations suggest that a company or individual come up with a mission statement. A mission statement defines in a paragraph or so any entity's reason for existence. It embodies its philosophies, goals, ambitions and mores. They go on to say any person or company that attempts to operate without a mission statement runs the risk of wandering through the world without having the ability to verify that it is on its intended course.
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego put forth a very powerful mission statement to King Nebuchadnezzar. When the King required that his subjects bow down to a golden image of himself, these three men, refused. They had a mission statement, We serve One God only. He has the ability to save us. If He does not we will not serve any other gods. These men did not hesitate to make a decision that would have directly affected their lives.
Based on the faithfulness of these men...I will work on a mission statement for myself in the next few days. I pray that it will show my faith in God as Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego did. I also pray that it will set a course for me in my search for a new job, and in my family and personal life.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I can't wait to hear what your mission statement is...hope you'll post it when you figure it out. I hear that everyone has a mission statement already, you just have to put it to words...