About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

My First Thought

Today's thoughts is about Decisions! Every decision affects someone. Some times it affects only you. Other times it affects others around you, especially those close to you. Recently I made a decision to leave the teaching profession to seek a career change. This decision would not have been so dramatic if not for the fact I did not yet have a another job already lined up and in place. So now I am seeking new employment. Thinking this decision of mine, would save my mental health (already an improvement), I did not realize the impact it would have on my wife and family. Before I started my most recent teaching job (I held this job for 9 years), my family and I struggled from pay check to pay check, barely meeting bill payments and putting food on the table for a growing family. It was a hard time, but GOD always took care of our basic needs and helped us through it. Now it is a possibility we may be back there again, at least temporarily, until new work comes through for me. I don't think I was selfish in my decision, but I really hate the position I put my family in. --- So before you make a decision you think may only be about you, think again...and realize those you love may also be affected. --- Wish me luck on my job hunt!

No comments: