About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - First Movie of the Year, It was an "elementary" choice.

I have decided to keep up with all the movies I have seen for the first time (either on DVD/Blue-Ray, Television or at the Theaters) this year. Recently, my wife asked me, "What was your favorite movie you've seen all of last year? I started thinking, does this include movies at the theater only? If so then the answer would be a three way tie between Courageous, Captain America: The First Avenger, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II. Of all the movies I saw for the first time through Netflix or DVD/Blue-Ray purchase none compared to the three above; neither did any movie I saw for the first time on television. The question did get me to thinking; how many movies did I watch, for the first time, last year? I keep up with the books I read, but how many hours do I sit watching movies? So, I'm keeping track.

This afternoon I watched my first "new" movie of the year. It was Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. Although a very good movie; it was not quite as good as the first Sherlock Holmes move. Still I enjoyed the show, as well as my two children. Some how I don't think this the end of the Sherlock Holmes movies.

Just to let you know I will probably not post every new movie I see this year!

No comments: