About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Starbucks

Since June of last year I have been working for Starbucks Coffee Co. I am a certified Barista and I love this job! This is the only job that I have ever had that, when I "don't feel like going to work today" and I go to work anyway, I have a great time and am glad I went to work. My fellow Partners (Manager, Asst. Manager, Shift Supervisors and fellow Baristas) make working fun, even when it is crazy busy. They even know my wife, Jamie's, drink...(a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte) before she even orders it. :)

As a result of working at Starbucks, My wife and I have decided to taste all of the different coffee blends that Starbucks offers. That way, if a customer ask what a particular blend taste like, I can give them my own personal opinion. We purchased a coffee grinder and a French Press and we have started working our way through the blends. We have already tried...

Red

Organic Blue Java

Organic Shade Grown Mexico

100% Kona

Komodo Dragon

and Cafe Estima.

We are currently drinking the 2010 Starbucks Anniversary Blend.

I have even added a Coffee of the Day gadget to my page, so you can keep up with what we are currently drinking. My favorite so far is Organic Shade Grown Mexico. Jamie's Favorite has been the Organic Blue Java.

We are also working our way through the different flavors of Tazo Teas. My favorite flavor is Vanilla Rooibos.

I will be sad to leave Starbucks, if my new full-time job (coming soon) does not give me the chance to continue working enough hours.

3 comments:

Jordan Spain-Honaker said...

Hey Mr. E, I'm glad to see that you're posting again! You're a brave man sampling all of the different flavors Starbucks has available, I'd probably go crazy lol. Can't wait to see what else you write about, including your new full-time job. Keep the posts coming!

Mr. E said...

Thanks Jordan; keep praying that full-time job comes quickly!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I still say the Organic Blue Java is my favorite!!! But I enjoy my French pressed coffee with you each morning :) No matter which flavor!