About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Home Improvements 2011: Part 1

This summer I am committing myself to making a few home improvements. Our home needs several things "fixed" in order to help us love our home more and prepare it for possible sale, if my future new job requires a move.

The first thing I plan to do is remove some bushes that are in the front of our house. My dad is coming over this week and we are going to pull up several bushes and fill in the holes with some good soil so I can plant some flowers in their place.

Later this summer I plan to paint the trim of the house, the garage and the shutters. I also plan to replace some faucets in the bathrooms and kitchen.

Sometime this week I plan to have a contractor or two over to give us estimates on some home repairs that need to be done. I will take these estimates to the local Property Tax Assessor and see if they can lower the value of the home to help ease the ever rising taxes. Our home is not worth the value that is placed on it by the Tax Assessor. We need a new roof, the outdoor door trims need replacing, the floors and carpets need replacing and we need some electrical work done as well. Once I have a complete list of estimates, Jamie and I may look into getting a home improvement loan to fix our house.

Here's to a busy summer!

No comments: