About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lectio Divina

As part of my efforts to better read, understand and live God's will, I have started to read a book called Read, Think, Pray, Live by Tony Jones. In this book Jones teaches how to use a technique called lecto divina. Lectio divina takes scripture and uses four steps to bring the Word of God to life.

Step 1 is called Lectio; in which you select and read a passage.

Step 2 is Meditatio; in which you meditate or think over.

Step 3 is Oratio; in which you speak or pray.

Step 4 is Contemplatio; in which you contemplate.

I have just started reading the book, so I can't give you details (yet) over how each step works. I have heard good things about this technique and I can't wait to try it. Anything that improves my relationship with God and helps me hear His Words more clearly is a good thing. I will let you know more as I read on.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

If I am doing it right, it works! If I'm not doing it right, something is working ;)