About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Thoughts From ME!

Since "Thoughts From ME" is the name of my blog, I thought I would actually share what thoughts are actually going through my head...at least for the next few minutes anyway.

Even though I am currently running a fever (100 last time I had it checked) I am still trying to finish out the day as a substitute teacher for a history class. Sadly all I can think about is how I need to get the Christmas lights up when I get home.

I am moved by the generosity of my church, who left a message on my cell phone telling me they have a $300 check to help my family make it through the Christmas holidays. They know I am still looking for full-time work and they figured we could use a little boost to help since I can't sub at school while they are out on break.

I am wondering if the Texas Rangers will signed or trade for a better catcher to play for them next season. It seems they are at least working on improving the pitching, but will it be enough for my Rangers to win the division next year?

I am sad that several of the students I sub for have expressed that "Christianity (and other religions) are for people who are afraid of death and want something to believe in to give them hope." As for me I am a Christian and I do not fear death; anxious about it maybe, but I am not afraid. I wish they could know Jesus like I do, or even better.

I am sad that the television show Monk will no longer be with us. It was one my favorite shows. It did become a little predictable in the end; but, it was fun while it lasted.

I wish my wife was going to be home tonight. She is in Dallas at a training/conference and won't be home until tomorrow. I need someone to pamper me while I am sick and the kids shouldn't have to do that. Maybe the cat will?

I have been told the Principal at the Jr. High School at Pine Tree wants to interview at the end of the school year to replace a teacher who is going to retire. I think it is for a Texas History spot, but he can't say "officially" until the job is posted. Yeahh!

I wonder if anything good is coming on TV tonight?

Gotta go, my next class is about to start. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

You know....I have enjoyed Monk and it had a good ending. So, it feels like good closure!