About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Praying for Things That Cause Me Stress

On the advice of a co-worker, who works with stress & anger management; I am listing the top 10 things that cause me stress and I am going to pray for each one for one week! I am going to ask God remove any undue stress these may cause in my life. He guarantees that if I do this I will see a dramatic reduction in my stress levels and possibly my blood pressure as well.

Here is my Top 10 Stress Causes in no particular order

1. Food! -- I can't stop eating...I need to eat more healthy and less of it. This would also help my blood pressure and my high cholesterol.

2. Work -- I love my job, but the hours are often irregular and I do have to work some weekends.

3. My Family -- I love them to death, but every family has traits that bother you. Like not putting up clothes, dirty dishes or snack containers.

4. My Dog -- Back problems, peeing and pooping on the carpets and rugs. He is potty trained...why does he do that!

5. My OCD -- Why do I freak out over the clothes, the video games, the dog, and anything else that does work the way I need it to? It causes me to be very ugly towards my family and I don't like it.

6. My Dear Wife's Health -- She has to have some continuing test and procedures done and we have to budget to pay for that and I am concerned about how she is handling all of the stress related to them.

7. Wal-Mart -- I hate that store, but it is so darn close to the house. I hate waiting in lines, the lack of customer service, the parking, the blah blah blah.....

8. The House -- We really need a new roof, the kitchen ceiling to be fixed, new carpet and floors and some new paint. Not to mention furniture etc...

9. Our Yard -- We have no front yard! At least no green grass. Something is killing the grass in our front yard. We were told it is a fungus or maybe the trees are sucking all the water away from the grass??

10. My Father-in-Law -- Do I have to explain?

So starting tonight I will start praying for one of these things for 1 week, or do I pray for all of them for 10 weeks? I will pray for all of them tonight and check with my co-worker in the morning to get my directions right.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

I love you! I believe in God! I am hopeful that this helps you and your stress!