About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas - 2008

My wife Jamie and I have a tradition each year of buying each other 12 gifts for Christmas (not counting anything that fits in our stockings). Each gift must be $5.00 or less, not counting tax, and one gift can be up to $10.00. This is hard for me because their are not many things out there that are $5.00 or less. You have to be very creative sometimes. Here is what I got from my bride, Jamie this year.

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: 2 pairs of needed dress socks

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A Wine Tasting for Dummies Kit (includes a book about how to get to know the types of wines and 4 wine glasses) Sadly the day before I got a box of 4 wine glasses as part of the gift exchange at my work Christmas Party. Wine anyone?

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me: 2 pairs of needed dress socks

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a 4 pack of Starbucks Frappachinos (Mocha flavor)

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a wooden cross magnet that has a "secret Bible verse" engraved on it.

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a Red "I'm a Christian Dad" T-shirt

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me: 2 pairs of needed dress socks (I am now good on dress socks for the next few years)

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: the movie "Patriot Games" on DVD. This was the movie we watched on our first "official" date. How Romantic! (Romantic that she remembered the movie, but not such a romantic movie to watch on a first date.)

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A pair of Salt & Pepper Shakers that fit together like puzzle pieces (You have to have seen the movie: Fireproof, to appreciate this gift.)

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a set of metal brain-teaser puzzles.

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me: a pair of nice shorts for next spring.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A nice dress short sleeve shirt!

The strangest gift I received, so far, this year came from my mother. She got me a monogrammed silver toothpick holder! Ooohhh! Now I can finally reach that piece of popcorn that has been stuck back there for years.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

yeah, that silver monogrammed toothpick holder....one for each of us....odd gift....and she was so proud of her choice...