About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, September 29, 2008

...But the Cat

Our family has decided to write and illustrate a book together. It is a children's book, called "...But the Cat!"

It will have several little things that we would love to do but cannot because we own a cat; for example:

"I used to own a pretty fern...but the cat!" -- picture of the fern before and after the cat attacked it.

"I used to sleep until 7:00a.m. ... but the cat!" -- picture of the cat walking all over your face at 4:30a.m.

"I tried to finish my school art project early...but the cat!" -- picture of the cat playing with the art supplies and kitty paw-prints on the poster board.

"I used to have matching socks...but the cat!" -- picture of the cat sleeping under the couch with several non-matched socks.

You get the idea. We hope to have our book finished before Christmas, so we can give "unedited" and "raw" copies to relatives and friends. Maybe we can find a publisher and get the book in stores for you guys to read and enjoy yourself.

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Well, you MIGHT be able to get that book to print...BUT THE CAT will thwart all of your efforts.

penguinsandladybugs said...

Based on true life experiences, I am sure :-)