About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Spending Time With the Family

Remember that Texas Rangers baseball game I went to on July 12th! My niece, Amber, and my daughter, Rachel, designed some shirts for us to wear to the game. I am the "Exclamation Mark" at the end. Fitting since my name is Mark.

Pictured, in order are: R - Jordan (my nephew), A - Caleb (my son), N - Susie (my sister-in-law, Jamie's sister), G - Phillip (my brother-in-law, Susie's husband), E - Amber (my niece), R - Rachel (my daughter), S - Jamie (my bride) and "!" - Mark (that's me)

The Ranger's lost the game to the White Sox! : (

This weekend my family and I have been attempting to spend some quality time together. Friday we had a "Family Camp Out" on our living room floor and watched Meerkat Manor: The Next Generation and a movie together. Saturday we went to LifeWay Christian Stores to pre-order a couple of music CD's and buy the latest VeggieTales video called "Tomato Sawyer and Huckleberry Larry's Big River Rescue." We also went to eat as a family at Applebee's. Caleb, my son, can put away the ribs. Rachel, my daughter, likes the Chocolate Mousse for dessert. We then came home and watched the season premire of Monk, which had been recorded from the night before.

Today, Sunday, we split up the family group for a while. Jamie has to deliver a presentation about her job, Presbyterian Children's Homes and Services to a local church. The rest of us will attend our church home. Afterwards the kids and I plan to watch The Dark Knight, the newest Batman film. Jamie, who is not a big Batman fan, may go watch a show on her own. After the movie, I have a little bit of lawn mowing to do; then maybe we can spend the rest of today playing games together before the weekend is over.

Also, thanks to all my blog friends for your words of encouragement regarding my new job. I am sure I will love it!

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

You should wear your new ! shirt to your first day on the job. :)

Glad you got to go to a ball game. Baseball makes life better.

Tech Daddy said...

Fun shirts. Did you make it on TV?