About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

On the Clock...

I am now counting down time until my current job comes to an end. Due to budget cuts I will be let go from my current position at the end of the month. 29 days and counting.

Last year at this time I was also job hunting; I had left my position as a teacher and was looking for another type of work closer to home. Last year, I was full of confidence that God was going to find me a good job. I had very little stress about the entire ordeal, and when God found me the job as an Adult Education Teacher, my faith in Him was proven to be true. I gave God the credit for the job and the benefits that came with it.

This year; however, my faith is not as strong. I truly believe that God will find me another job in time to keep my family from suffering financially, but I have not been acting as confident as I was last year. I am suffering anxiety related symptoms, I am agitated easily, I am on the verge of tears at night, and I am becoming very depressed. Where is that confidence in my God that I had last year? I believe in His promises; why can't I find my faith now?

Every job I have applied for, since finding out about this job, has either been filled or they have yet to call me for an interview. The home based travel business (See side panel: Four English Peas Travel), is doing OK, but not enough to replace my income (yet, I hope).

Most Heavenly Father, Help me to find confidence in you like I did last year. Help me to remember that You, O' Lord do not change in your ways. You are always faithful. Help me to overcome my depression and not to believe in the lies of Satan. Forgive me for my unbelief! Your Son, Mark

No comments: