About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Aagghh! I'm the Parent of a Teenager!

Yes, it is true! I am finally the parent of a teenager! My son Caleb turned 13 today! My little boy is finally turning into a young man. Where did the time go?

He asked me this morning does being a teenager mean he has some extra privileges that come with it? He of course meant staying up later, watching some PG-13 movies, etc... I told him, of course you have some special privileges; the yard needs mowing at least once a week, taking out the trash will now be his job alone, and he can now wash and fold his own clothes. Poor kid's eyes almost popped out of his head. I told him I was kidding, but only to an extent. I do want him to take on a few more responsibilities around the house as well as getting to enjoy a few extra privileges that come with age.

I just love watching my kids grow into young adults. I can't wait to see what God has in store for my "Teenager"! I'm sure it will be wonderful!

I have a teenage son...Man I'm getting old!

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

My oldest is 14 so I know how you feel. He has more privileges than the younger kids along with more responsibilities--but it's like pulling teeth to get him to do it (sometimes).

Have fun with him.