About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

WARNING -- About the movie "The Golden Compass"

Just found out this is true...The movie The Golden Compass is based upon a series of books that are strongly anti-Christian (any religion). The author of these books implies that you can kill God! What makes this worse it is being advertised as a children's movie similar to the Chronicles of Narnia. The movie even supports the idea of castration and female circumcision.

Check out the link about this article on Snopes.com -- The Golden Compass. By the way you can go to Snopes.com to find out the truth (as they know it) about any "Urban-Legend."

4 comments:

Scott said...

thanks for the info.
I always struggle with what to do about the themes in movies that are contrary to my beliefs.
Do I make my children avoid them? Do they provide us with fodder for mind-stretching discussion? At what age are they too young to recognize messages? At what point are they old to adopt them by osmosis? At what point are they old enough to discern the difference between what they see and what they know to be true?
Ugh. I checked out Snopes and certainly, I will be seeing this movie and evaluating it firsthand (most likely at home on dvd), and absolutely appreciate the warnings about not only the content but also about the intent of the original author.

Mr. E said...

I might also watch this movie first hand to see what I think for myself...so I don't just fall for any ole' hoopla that someone sends me.

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for the heads up on this. I had not even heard about it.

Tech Daddy said...

Do you know, we have received e-mails from three different people on this since I read your blog entry?