About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

1st Day of School 2007

Today was the first day of school for both my kiddos. My young man is now in 7th Grade and my daughter is now in 5th. They are growing up so fast. Of course the traffic around the schools was horrible this morning as parents/students/teachers/administrators/buses etc...were all trying to figure out how to get to school on-time. My wife spent 30 minutes in traffic dropping off my daughter. Whew! The kids are excited and a bit nervous as they begin another academic year. They will miss the time at home, yet they will be so glad to be away from each other as well. I guess I'm just a nervous dad, but I am taking a half-day off work to make sure they get home. My son is riding with a friend, whose mother was nice enough to pick up our son and bring him home. My daughter is riding the bus. Overall I just have to remember that God is control of it all. He has taken good care of my kids so far while at public schools, and He will do it again. I pray for the teachers, administrators, and students, that they will have a great and safe year. Even so I guess I just worry about my kiddos, after all they are my babies. Ahhh, the life of a parent. It's great isn't it?

No comments: