About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Where's George?

2 Years ago my wife discovered a fun web site called http://www.wheresgeorge.com/. It is a web site that is designed to track where your money has been. You enter the serial number and series number of any U.S. monetary bill; 1's, 2's, 5's 20's, 50's even 100's. You then enter the zip code where you are currently and release your bill back into circulation. Some people buy rubber stamps that have "Wheresgeorge.com" written on it and they stamp the bill before spending it again. This increases the chances that some one will re-enter the bill into the Where's George system. If some else does enter your bill into the system, you will get an e-mail telling you where your bill has gone to and how far it's traveled. If you enter a bill that once belonged to someone else, you will see where the bill has traveled before you "captured" it. They even have a note section, where you can tell something about the bill. Some just tell where they got the bill (Got it a Wal-Mart, or Got this bill as part of Birthday Gift, etc...) or something about the bill (Bill is torn on one corner, someone wrote something on the bill, or bill is crispy and new, etc...). It's a fun site that can get a little addicting. I was entering every bill I came across for a little while before I slowed down and started entering bills occasionally. But it is fun to get the occasional e-mail about someone finding one of your bills! Have fun!

Update: 3-9-2008 (as of today I have entered 1,547 bills with a monetary value of $13,114! When I first discovered this site my OCD and I had a blast...I had to work hard not to enter every bill that came across.

No comments: