About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

New Words

This morning our family is getting ready to go to WaterTown U,S.A., a water park near Shreveport, LA. It will be out last "big" outing for the Summer before school starts up again. Last time we went to a water park we all got sunburned, so I'm a little anxious about our trip. Please no sunburns today. The weather forecast is cloudy with scattered thunderstorms, and 93 Degrees. Onward to fun!!

Also this morning...our family decided to make up some new words. Hopefully you will see them in dictionaries soon. (Ha-Ha!)

My word is snootwump: It is a noun, that refers to a person who acts "preachy" and "a little snooty" by accident! For example; It was pointed out to me last night by my family, that my last couple of blogs have sounded a little preachy and I made my blog sound like I was acting a little "holy" or "snooty". I had no intention of being a preacher, I was just blogging about what I happened to read about in my morning Bible studies. So I was being a snootwump.

My wife's word was Obonobo!: An interjection said when you make a mistake or discover something that has gone wrong, such as "Uh Oh! or "Whoops!" For example: When the waiter dropped the plate, he blushed and said, "Obonobo!"

My son's word is dirdirdirt (Can also be pronounced Deet Dee Dew) ?: Also an interjection, said when during a moment of excitement or confusion. For example: When the clowns first came out at the circus, the child started yelling, "dirdirdirt!", because she was excited to see them, yet confused about her feeling of fear towards them as well.

My daughter's word is blethelshabble: a noun, meaning a large imaginary deformed looking bird, that looks scary, but is very gentle, on which you can ride. For example: The deformed image of her blethelshabble did not bother her as she rode proudly on his back over the town.

Breakfast is ready so I must eat! WaterTown awaits! See ya, next time.

No comments: