About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Glad to Be Home

Yesterday I returned from a continuing education training in Huntsville, TX. I attended some classes about Math Strategies, Reading Strategies and How Poverty Relates to Retention and Perseverance among adult students. All of these classes were designed to help teachers in Adult Education and GED programs. They were great classes. I stayed in a nice hotel room, but I missed my family. A big room can be very lonely without someone to share it with.

My wife returned from a training in Austin the day before I left for my training so we haven't had quality time as a family for about 4 days. I was so glad to be home last night and was looking forward to cuddling with the cute wife, when my daughter came into our room feeling like she was going to throw-up. She ended up sleeping with her mother, while I slept on the couch, (with the dog who joined me sometime during the night).

Despite a night on the couch, I am glad to be home with my family. I hate being away from them, overnights. I do enjoy an occasional movie or baseball game with friends, and I do like to spend time alone sometimes, but I like to come home at night. My family is second to me after my God, and I love spending quality time with both.

No comments: