About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Robins Have Returned, Spring is a Comin'!

Several weeks ago my family and I set out a bird feeder in our backyard. We have seen several types of birds including sparrows, turtle doves, cardinals, finches and some cool looking black birds with orange marks on their wings. (I really need a bird watching guide). Today I saw the first robins of the year; which normally means spring is not to far behind. (Not that Texas has had much of a winter.) My wife, the cats and I enjoy watching the birds in the morning as we drink our coffee. We may have to buy another feeder to put out because we like watching them so much. We also may try to get a hummingbird feeder as well. It's amazing to see just how many types of birds we have around our home.

No comments: