About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Super 8 was not so Super! Neither has my Job Search.

Just finished watching the movie Super 8 today with the kids. The movie had great special effects; however, the best acting of the movie did not come from the adults, it came from the kids. The kids did an outstanding job, outshining their adult counterparts. The story about the ***** (don't want to spoil the movie), was a little disappointing; but the story surrounding the kids and their families was much better. I thought the movie would be better than what I expected it to be; still I give it a thumbs up, just not a "Super" thumbs up.

On a totally separate note: I have been busy looking for full/part-time work since mid December. I am on a list of people to call to fill in shifts at Starbucks, until a position opens up for me to work regular scheduled shifts again. I finished an in-service to become a sub for Mansfield ISD yesterday and should start substituting for them next week. There is a full-time Composite Social Studies teacher position open at one of their High Schools and I am on a list of teachers to be interviewed for that job. That particular school also is getting a new principal so the interviews will not start until the after the first of February. In the meantime I also interviewed for an Assistant Manager job at the local CineMark Theater. Will hear back from them later this week. So, my job searching hasn't been real "Super" either; however, it is looking up and maybe I will be busy working again soon.

No comments: