About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, May 27, 2011

I really hate Oliver!

Oliver is the nickname that I have given my OCD, or recently I have expanded it to be the name I have given my personal demon. Just like the ravens who devoured the seeds planted by the sower in Jesus' parable, Oliver is trying to steal away the good words of comfort that God gave me yesterday.

I rebuke you Oliver, Satan and any other demons that try to steal God's word from me! God has a plan for me and this transitional time in my life and you will not distract me from His words of truth!

In the meantime, I am substituting for the last time this school year. I am watching a teacher's Biology class while kids take their final exams. YAWN! I am having a hard time staying awake. At least I'm earning $70 for my efforts.

1 comment:

penguinsandladybugs said...

You know, if you wake up in the morning and say, "don't think about elephants today....don't think about elephants today," you are thinking about elephants. But if you decide you want to think about rainbows instead of elephants, wake up and think about rainbows and say, "think about rainbows, think about rainbows." Before long....the elephants disappear.