About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wondering What God has in Store for Me!

Yesterday, I found out that I will be looking for a new job at the end of this month. It appears the budget cuts for Twogether in Texas, by the State Legislature, has affected my job faster that we planned. 

I can still work part-time, teaching marriage classes until August (if I wish), at a rate of $100.00 per couple; however, they want to me to work in counties that require much travel time, which I will now no longer be reimbursed for. I am giving myself until Thursday to decide if I will accept that offer or not. 

So now I go back to the beginning. When I started this blog, I was starting the process of looking for a new job, after leaving teaching in the public schools for eleven years. Who knows maybe God wanted me to learn a few things from my last two jobs and get back into the public schools where I belong. 

I refuse to be sad, because I know my God is bigger than anything the world may throw at me. I will do my part to apply for new jobs and be open to any changes; I just can't wait to see what God has planned for me next. 

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Mr. E. Who said that there were budget cuts, did this come from the Legislature?

Mr. E said...

Erin,

The State House of Representatives increased our budget from $7 million to $10 million. The State Senate cut the budget entirely. After many people called and voiced concerns the Senate has agreed to put at least $3 million back into the budget. Now both sides of the legislature must come to some sort of consensus on exactly how much to give Twogether in Texas. What ever the amount it will probably not be as much as what it was last year.

That being said, the local Regional Intermediary I work for decided that they could not afford to keep me as a full time employee, even though I was out producing all the other sub-contractors all by myself.

Oh, well! God bless all marriage educators and we will see what God has in store for me next.