About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My First Snowcone of 2009!

We have a local snowcone stand that is just a couple of blocks away from our home in Longview. They make the 2nd best snowcones that I have ever had. (The first is Cajun' Cones in Abilene, TX) This snowcone place has become a Spring/Summer tradition. Because of the early warm weather, it has opened early this year. My daughter Rachel always gets the flavor "Silver Fox." While that is a tasty flavor, I tend to go for several flavors. My favorites are Butter Cream w/Cream, Strawberry w/Cream, Georgia Peach w/Cream or Blueberry w/Cream. Notice I like my snowcones w/ Cream. My boy Caleb likes the sour flavors such as Lemon-Lime, or some other bitter flavor that makes my mouth pucker up. Jamie tends to stick to the traditional flavors such as Blue Coconut or Strawberry. Sometimes she will try something new.

Today I tried Strawberry-Banana w/Cream. It was yummy, but it has upset my tummy! I might have to wait a few days before my next cone.

Just one more sign that Spring has arrived in East Texas. The Robins have been singing for a while and now the Snowcone place is open! Hurrah!

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

What does "Silver Fox" taste like? Is it like chicken?

Mr. E said...

Do you remember those "Dip-stick" candies" where you had a candy dip-stick and a couple of packets of Kool-Aid type stuff you dipped the dip-stick in? Silver Fox taste like that candy dip-stick. It is good!