About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Page 56 -- a Tag From Facebook

Rules:* Grab the book nearest you.* Turn to page 56.* Find the fifth full sentence.* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your wall.* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.* Tag friends that might actually own a book. (Magazines don't count. Even if you read them only for the articles.) The sentence is supposed to say something about you...?

The book closest to me is When Christ Comes by Max Lucado...my page 56 quote is: "It wasn't enough to see the course and walk the grounds, I wanted to see the locker room."

I haven't read this book in very long time. I rarely play golf; which this sentence is referring to. So what does this sentence say about me? I guess it's the history teacher in me. I don't just want to look at the golf course (the museum, the old fort, or the artifacts), I want to see the locker room. I want to "feel" the history involved in everything I learn. Maybe that's what it means.

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I know that lists are your weakness...so I challenge you to make a LIST OF THE LISTS YOU'VE MADE IN THE PAST YEAR ON YOUR BLOG.

You can't resist it. It's in your DNA.

Oh, and I want links.

Mr. E said...

Curse you Big Doofus, you know when I get the chance I will do this. How was your cruise?