About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bye, Bye, BRATZ

There is celebrating in the streets in my neighborhood; well at least in my house. A federal judge has ordered MGA Entertainment to cease making the BRATZ line of dolls. Those big pouty lip, dolls that dress like "hookers" are going to be gone off the shelf after the New Year.















It seems MGA Entertainment ticked off Barbie's manufacturers, Mattel, by breaking some sort of copyright infringement. I guess you don't want to make Barbie mad! All BRATZ lines are to pulled off the shelf. This includes, Baby BRATZ, and their stupid little BRATZ Pets. I hope this includes all video games as well.

I was opposed to BRATZ from the beginning because I felt it encouraged a life-style that I did not approve of, that included the way they dressed. Plus they just gave me the creeps with those big ugly eyes and all. Freaky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Mattel now own the copyright on baby dolls? Since Barbie has her own cars, can Mattel now force Tonka Toys and Hot Wheels off the market?

This story strikes me as just another example of a giant, rich corporation bullying a smaller, less rich corporation.

I appreciate the fact that the Bratz Dolls aren't something you want your children to have. I trust that you have done the right thing by exercising your judgement and keeping them out of your house.

What a shame it is that, after the first of the year, I will no longer have the right to exercise my judgement and make the right decision for my house.