About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trying to Sleep Late & Caleb's New Blog

During any weekday, my children are fairly easy to wake up! They will only complain a little when the 6:00 a.m. wake up call comes from Jamie or me. The biggest complaint about waking up is usually from me. I would like to sleep to at least 7:00 or until the sun comes up anyway.

So when Saturday rolls around, I usually try to sleep a little later, thus allowing the kids and Jamie, a little more sleep time; however, for some very strange reason my children cannot sleep late on a Saturday. This morning my daughter came into our room saying she woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. This was partly the cat's fault..."I tried to sleep late...but the CAT!" I thought it had to be at least 7:00, but when I rolled over the alarm clock said 5:45 a.m.! I told her to go watch television. A few minutes later, I hear my son get up. He never gets up before we make him get up at 6:00 or 6:15 for school. On the one day they can sleep late, they wake up earlier than any other day.

So hear I am, blogging at 6:15 and about to make pancakes for hungry family. Maybe they will let me take about an hour long nap this afternoon.

On a totally different note: My son has a new blog...it is called The Poll Place. He is doing his best to keep it up to date, unlike his last blog. In this blog he ask various questions for us to answer, then publishes the results and his thoughts about them. So encourage him to keep up his blog, and answer a few questions for him, and maybe leave an encouraging comment.

No comments: