About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, September 22, 2008

A Letter to my Elected Officials

The following is a copy of a letter I mailed to my elected United States officials for my area of Texas; of course my letter was duly addressed to the specific person it was intended to go to:

Honorable Senator/U.S. Representative;

Please do not support the government buyout of the failing financial institutions across our nation!

Sir, if the government will not help a small business who is failing due to mismanagement or lack of proper income, how can you justify helping companies, who pay their executives in the millions of dollars, when they are failing? It seems to me this a great example of the rich helping the rich!

Sir, if the government of the United States itself cannot balance and live within a budget and creates a national debt of over 9 trillion dollars, how do you expect to, or even have the right to, buy out these financial institutions and expect them to function any better under government ownership?

Sir, if I were an ordinary investor I would never put my money into an agency or business who could not manage their money correctly; yet, I am forced to give my tax dollars to a government that is wasting my investment into the very nation I trust to protect my freedoms and liberties. This is not right!

Sir, if you vote for the buyout of these companies, then you are indicating to me that you continue to support the bad management practices that our government continues to follow. If this is the way you plan to spend my tax dollars, by rescuing the wealthy and letting the middle class or low income citizens suffer, then you will lose my vote in the upcoming election.

Sir, I am not a Democrat or a Republican, I cast my vote for the candidate that shows they have the best interest of their citizens at heart. I realize that you and the members of Congress are just as afraid of what might happen if these institutions go bankrupt, but isn't that what our free enterprise system of economics is all about. If these institutions fail, then isn't it time to let some of the smaller institutions step and lead, rather than continue to give my tax dollars to people who have proven they cannot spend it wisely.

Mark A. English


If you would like to write a similar letter to your elected officials in the U.S. Congress you can go to http://www.house.gov/ or http://www.senate.gov/ to find out the contact information for your elected officials. You can also contact the President via e-mail at comments@whitehouse.gov.

No comments: