About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav not just a threat to Louisiana!

It seems Hurricane Gustav has forced many people from the coast lines of Texas and Louisiana to evacuate to areas of relative safety; however, it may not be just the coastlines that are in danger. My home is located in Northeast Texas, and according to local/national weather reports Gustav could park over Northeast Texas causing major flooding and possible tornadoes. As for me I love stormy weather, but I have kiddos, and a dog, who get a little nervous around severe thunderstorms.

Update: Sept. 2, 2008 -- Gustav turned out to be nothing but a bunch of rain; at least for my area of Texas. It is causing some heavy rain elsewhere, but here it is nothing more than more than a couple of days of light rain. Ho-Hum!!

No comments: