About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Facing "Certain Death" with Hurricane Ike!

Texans along the coastline today were warned to leave or Face Certain Death! My family lives well away from the coastline, but we were warned to stock up on water and make sure have plenty of batteries and a generator handy in case of power losses. We are also expecting lots of rain and a some possible tornadoes, due to Ike's large size. Ike is almost as big as the entire state of Texas itself.

I may be crazy but I like stormy weather and I am not afraid. I know my God is with me and my family will be taken care of despite the weather. Yet, God did give me a brain, so before I go home today I may try to stop by Wal-Mart or Brookshires and pick up some extra batteries, food and water (if there is anything left).

What strikes me as funny is the Governor of Texas, Rick Perry, told reporters that unless you live along the coast line, "It's just best if we just 'hunker' down and be prepared." What a great Texan! Ha-Ha.

Oh, well, it's time go prepare for "Certain Death!"

1 comment: