About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Return of Meerkat Manor

Sunday I was scanning through our plethora of DISH Network channels and I came across a most pleasant surprise on Animal Planet. Meerkat Manor is returning to the air-waves on June 6th. I love this show. The show will now be called Meerkat Manor: The Next Generation. Sean Aston, the host for seasons 1-3 will not be returning, instead the new host will be Stockard Channing. I will miss Aston's voice, but I'm sure Ms. Channing will fill in quite nicely.

If you go to the Meerkat Manor web-site you can
answer trivia questions and play games, catch up on past and future episodes, view pictures of the meerkats, and even find a zoo near you that has meerkats in their exhibits. Recently The Caldwell Zoo in Tyler, TX just added meerkats to their family of animals.

My family and I are anxiously awaiting the return of the Meerkats. Who will unite the Whiskers? I can't wait to find out.

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Since it's "The Next Generation" does this mean that they Meerkats will be in the future and on a different spaceship? Will they have an android instead of a Vulcan? Am I getting mixed up here? :)

We like Meerkat Manor, too. I like the fact that it's very real. Sure, they're cute little animals, but there are some very sad things that happen (in human terms) and you can talk to your kids about it.

Mr. E said...

So true, the "life and death" struggle of nature does provide excellent opportunities to talk to your children about a wide varity of subjects.