About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What I got for Christmas

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Day with their family! The presents are unwrapped and now a home must be found for them other than our living room floor. The visits with both sides of the family are over and my family has the rest of the week to ourselves, before school/work starts again next week. As for me I plan to just lay around in P.J.'s the whole week, NOT, we have some work to be done around the house.

The nice lady who cleans our house for us has disappeared off the face of the earth. We have not seen hide nor hair of her since mid-November. We would suspect something valuable is missing, but she is an Elder's wife at one of local church congregations. Still nothing seems to be missing in the house. She just stopped showing up. We called to check on her and there is no answer at their house. We called the church, and they said no one in her family was sick and they were not on vacation. Hmmm. I guess this means we have to clean our own house again for a while. (What a shame, to have to clean your OWN house...ha, ha!)

I did manage to get a nice bit of "stuff" for Christmas from family and friends. Here is my list...

I got three books: one from Ted Dekker, one from Randy Alcorn and a book by former President Jimmy Carter.
I got a $10.00 gift card to Books-A-Million.
I got a $5.00 Sonic card.
I got two pairs of Christmas type boxers and two pairs of long sleep pajama pants. I got a pair of Black & Decker power scissors, that are supposed to cut through that hard plastic outer coating that they came in. (Took several minutes to use regular scissors just to get out the new pair.)
I got a book of questions about "How much do you know your wife?" and another book like it called, "How much do you know about World War II?"
I got a baseball shaped "stress ball" that I traded with my daughter for a football shaped one. (She liked the baseball one better.)
I got a four pack of Vanilla flavored Starbucks Frappachino drinks. (Already gone.)
I got three new nice shirts to wear and $25.00 cash.

Now I need to go back to sleep...my kids woke us up at 5:00 a.m. --- maybe my next gift can be an interrupted 1 hour nap. --- Yea, that sounds good.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus...I can't wait for You to come and take us home with You.

2 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

The Vanilla flavored Starbucks Frappachino drinks were stuffed in some of our stockings this year--along with lots of chocolate, Nerds, etc. Right now, we're in the faze where everyone is playing with one of their gifts. 2 of the 3 have already called their best friends to share stories of their loot.

Have a Merry Christmas. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Big Doofus (Roger)

Scott said...

I'm wearing one christmas present right now, my Dunder Mifflin t-shirt. I've already worn and removed the tie that plays Christmas songs. I've eaten some of my chocolates and taken lots of pictures with our new camera (our early christmas present to each other).
But I have a feeling that the Wii that came from the grandparents will be occupying us for the foreseeable future.
But all of that had to wait until after we'd read Luke 2 and tried to explain what Myrh is.

Merry Christmas to ME (meaning YOU).