About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

13 Books I Have Recently Read # 2

I have just finished another 13 books. Here they are, with 13 being the most recent!

1. Red Hot Monogamy by Bill and Pam Farrel

2. Calvin & Hobbes: The Days Are Just Packed by Bill Watterson

3. Strega Nona by Tomie de Paola

4. Alice Nizzy Nazzy: The Witch of Santa Fe by Tony Johnson

5. A Skeleton In God's Closet by Paul L. Maier

6. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson

7. Haunted Texas Vacations: The Complete Ghostly Guide by Lisa Farwell

8. Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey

9. The books of Ezekial, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah & Jonah from the Bible

10. Heaven by Randy Alcorn

11. Pokemon Sinnoh Handbook -- ? author

12. 12 Steps to a Closer Walk With God by Don Umphrey

13. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

Some of these books I read with my children as part of our night-time reading routine. Others I was reading when my last list was posted. I really don't read books that fast. Let me know what you have been reading too. Reading is so much fun! I can't wait to read some books I know I'm getting for Christmas.!

4 comments:

Rian Fike said...

Try anything by Tom Robbins. He is hilarious, like Calvin and Hobbes in prose.

KW said...

You must like a variety of reading material! I might have to check out the Financial Peace Revisited, sounds interesting. My #20 is up

http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/thursday-thirteen-20-13-dishes-to-try-this-christmas/

Nicholas said...

I always enjoy Calvin & Hobbes.

Don Umphrey said...

Dear Mr. E,

I was gratified that you read "12 Steps to a Closer Walk with God." Perhaps you might also enjoy and benefit from reading another book that I wrote, "The Meanest Man in Texas." It is a true story that shows that no matter how low one gets in life, God will help if He is asked.

Best wishes,
Don Umphrey