About ME

My photo
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Mr. E is a Christian, Husband, Father of 2, former Army Officer and Texas Rangers Baseball fan.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tis the Season to Be Jolly and Overcrowded

Tis the season to be Jolly, Fa-la-la-la-laa, La-la-la-la!
Go to Wal-Mart it's overcrowded, Fa-la-la-la-laa, Hey, I need some service over here!

This time of the year creates so many mixed feelings for me. I love the weather. I love the tradition of putting up the Christmas Tree (ours goes up tomorrow). I love the focus on the birth of Jesus. I like watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas on the television. I love the extra long break from school and the anticipation of opening gifts chosen just for you. I also love to watch those I chose gifts for open their presents as well.

Despite all the things I love, there are also several things I don't like. I really don't like the overcrowded stores, Especially Wal-Mart. The customer service there is bad enough already, but it is especially bad this time of year. Even though I like some Christmas songs, I don't like listening to the same Christmas songs, over-and-over again. I guess I'm just a Scrooge, or a Grinch, when it comes to the songs. To bad for me, the Christmas songs are one of my wife's favorite parts of the holiday season.

Just 30 more days to go!!

2 comments:

penguinsandladybugs said...

Why ya gotta hate? The Christmas music is so fun!!! Thanks for not complaining out loud, but using the blog :-)

Scott said...

I mainly like Christmas songs I can sing along with...really loud if possible.
but it does get old after awhile if it's the same ones, which is why we have at least 97 Christmas CD's.
We were in Wal-Mart yesterday, and I got a little claustrophobic. Maybe if we go at 2:00 a.m. it would be a more manageable crowd.